Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ve-Garden of Life




The start of a new season.  I am no expert, by all means, but I do feel that I am a novice gardener.  This will be my 5th season.  My first season was a small patch with only cucumbers and squash.  We had enough cucumbers and squash to feed an army.  I was somewhat hooked.  The next year, it was bigger and definitely better.  We had so much and so much to give away.  I was definitely hooked.  The next year, well, let's say it was very discouraging.  It was a very hot summer, so I hoped that was the reason.  Then again, last season, things did not do as well as expected.  Having learned a few things, I have new plans for this year and expect a bumper crop. 

I call this blog Ve-Garden of Life because it is a vegetable garden and it does bring me life.  My job is very stressful and life just seems to get me down sometimes.  But when I get out into my garden, life takes on a whole new meaning.  Yes, it is hard work.  But something happens when I get out there and start planting my seeds.  And, it really gets exciting when things start to grow and really, really exciting when you get to pick the fruits of your labor and eat them.  I think, I said think, that I would like to have a CSA garden sometime in the future. Again,  I said, "I think".  Mainly because I know that it needs to be on a much bigger scale that what I have now and it would be my full-time job.  I can always dream and plan.

I am also going to add chickens to my garden this year.  Have I ever raised chickens? Yes and no.  I had some about 30 years ago and did not do very well.  But, I really had no idea what I was doing, did no reseach, so failure was somewhat expected.  Hopefully, since I have done some homework, it will pay off.  So, its fresh veggies and fresh eggs for the everyone this summer.   3/11/12

No comments:

Post a Comment