Friday, February 21, 2014

It has been awhile since I have posted anything and a lot has happened since my last post.

I now work at home which will definitely be good for my garden.  Right now, it is late February here in North Carolina.  It has been a really cold, snowy (yes snowy) season and I am just itching to get out and plant.  Hopefully, the weather will improve and my hands will bring forth food.


Last year was interesting.  We had to move the garden from the
 back yard to the front yard.  Our 300 year old oak tree has
over taken the back yard with shade.  But still a great place
for those veggies that do no like a lot of sun.  

My husband made this cute herb bed.  I think it is adorable.

         
                             

  


My front yard garden did great.  It looked quite cute and the neighbors loved it.  Every time someone passed by while I was working the garden, they received fresh veggies.  We had a late summer so tomatoes came in late, but my squash, eggplant, zucchini, and cucumbers did amazingly well.  Look at my first harvest!

Will chat later.  I am dying to check out that new seed catalog.


No comments:

Post a Comment